Crispy Tofu + Butter Lettuce Stir Fry
Get creative in the kitchen!
Sauté serrano and bell peppers, garlic and green onions in a skillet with sauces and oils commonly used in asian cuisine for a healthy and colorful vegetable stir fry. Vertical Roots Green Butter Lettuce adds extra nutrition to this meal and wilts perfectly into the sauce over oven-baked tofu!
- 2 packages of Vertical Roots Green Butter or Beautiful Butter
- 2T Dry Sherry
- 1T Vegetable Broth
- 2T Peanut Oil
- 4T Soy Sauce
- 2t Minced Ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 3 stalks Green onion, chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 2 Serrano Peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 12oz Extra Firm Tofu, dried as much as possible
- Step 1: Preheat Oven to 400
- Step 2: Add 2T soy sauce + 1T peanut oil + dried tofu to a bowl. Mix.
- Step 3: Place tofu on parchment paper atop a baking sheet
- Step 4: Bake for 30 minutes
Rice Wine Mixture
- Step 1: Mix 2T Dry Sherry, 1T Vegetable Broth, 2t soy sauce
- Step 1: Pour 1T peanut oil into skillet (medium-low heat)
- Step 2: Add minced garlic + minced ginger, Sauté for 2 minutes
- Step 3: Add chopped green onion, sliced serrano and red bell pepper strips, Sauté for 1 minute
- Step 4: Add Green Butter Lettuce, Sauté 1 minute
- Step 5: Add rice wine mixture until lettuce is bright, crisp, and tender, Sauté 30 seconds
#Health Tip: Eat more Tofu!
- Plant-based diets can reduce your risk of heart disease, the leading cause of death in the US, by over 50%.