Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Salad, but Better.
Vertical Roots version of this classic is lighter on the calories but packs more flavor than the traditional recipe! Our lush Crunchy Green Leaf lettuce wraps around fresh flavors of lemon and dill with egg-free “mayo”….your tastebuds will approve of this healthy take on chicken salad!
Reduce your #foodwaste and use leftover chicken, or opt for a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Vertical Roots Green Leaf or Crisp Romaine
- 2 Cups cooked, shredded Chicken (Save time by picking up a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store)
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- ¾ Cup diced Celery
- ½ Cup diced shallots (or sweet onion)
- 1 Cup Veganaise or Avocado “mayo”
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- *Optional ¼ Cup of chopped roasted and salted nuts
- In a large, sealable bowl, shred chicken and add finely dice shallots and celery into small ¼ inch pieces, and coarsely chop fresh dill
- For extra crunch and nutty goodness, add chopped roasted and salted almonds or cashews!
- Cut and squeeze about ¼ of a lemon, add “mayo” and mix well, Salt and pepper to taste
- Pick off leaves from Vertical Roots Green Leaf Living lettuce
- Scoop salad mixture into lettuce cups
- Seal and store unused chicken salad in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIP: If you don’t have vegan mayo on hand, make your own Greek Yogurt “Mayo”
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste